The Tascam DR-40 packs four-track recording, adjustable condenser microphones, XLR mic inputs and extended battery life into a portable recorder you can take anywhere. It captures up to four tracks from built-in microphones, external mics or line level sources. The high-quality internal microphones are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound source. A pair of great-sounding Tascam microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 6.3-mm line inputs using locking Neutrik combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, you can play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to increase the perceived overall sound pressure. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a loudspeaker and a chromatic tuner. Recordings can be transferred to computer using a USB 2.0 connection. Other features include overdub mode, playback at variable speed, limiter and low-cut filter, and much more. With a simple-to-use interface, the DR-40 is perfect for home or live recording.
The DR-40 can be operated by an optional footswitch (RC-3F) or an optional wired remote control (RC-10). A battery pack (BP-6AA) is also available as an option. It takes six AA batteries and increases the operation time from 17.5 to over 50 hours without the need for an AC adapter or a computer.
- Main Features
- Portable, high-quality handheld recordingCompact size and easy operation
- Uses a SD/SDHC card as recording medium (2 GB included)
- Supported audio formats: Linear PCM (WAV format) at 44.1/48/96 kHz and 16/24-bit
- Compressed (MP3 format): 32–320 kbit/s at 44.1/48 kHz (VBR files can be played but not recorded)
- Recording features
- Built-in cardioid stereo condenser microphone
- Accepts high sound pressure level
- Easy setup (AB and XY configuration supported)
- XY configuration allows mono compatible recordings and high sound localization acuity (lively interviews or field recordings with ambience)
- Good directivity and channel separation
- Ideal for live music and field recording, news gathering, music training etc.
- Stereo XLR/TRS mic/line input with phantom power (supports +4 dB line level input)
- 4-track recording
- Create two stereo recordings from the built-in microphones and the external mic/line input at the same time
- Create two stereo recordings with different level settings from the built-in microphones or external mic/line input at the same timeNon-destructive overdub: Record a mix of one or two stereo playback files and a stereo input signal to a new stereo file or record only the input signal while playing back one stereo file
- Mixdown feature with level, pan and effect controls for each track (creates a stereo track from a 4-track recording)
- MS decoder for recordings created with mid/side microphone configuration
- Switchable low-cut filter (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
- Manual or automatic recording level setting
- Three Options of automatic level control during recording: Peak Reduction, Auto Level, LimiterPre-recording buffer (2 seconds) allows a recording to start before the record key is pressedAuto recording start and stop by input levelSelf-timer allows a recording to start 5 or 10 seconds after pressing the RECORD button
- Create a new file during recording (manually or by file size)Mark function (manual or automatic, up to 99 marks for each file)
- Playback features
- Automatic level align allows to increase the perceived overall sound pressure during playback
- Variable speed audition to change the playback tempo without affecting the key (50–150 %)
- Repeat function (repeat one track or all tracks)
- Loop function (repeat a marked section)
- Playlist feature to play files in a certain order
- Resume function (start playback from the audio position where the unit was last stopped)
- Flash back function to instantly review playback (1–10, 20, 30 seconds)
- EQ for tone control during playback
- MP3 ID3 tag display (up to version 2.4)
- Built-in monitor loudspeaker
- Headphones/Line output
- Other features
- Built-in reverb effect (6 presets, can be applied to input or output signal)
- Chromatic tuner function to tune your instrument
- File divide function to cut unwanted noise or to extract parts from long recordings (WAV format only)
- Folder management to organize your files
- Hold function to avoid inadvertent operation
- Clear, backlit LC displayUSB 2.0 port for file transfer to/from computer
- Power supply by 3 AA size Alkaline or NiMH batteries (up to 15 hours continuous operation with phantom power off), USB bus power or optional AC adapter (Tascam PS-P515U)Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod or microphone standOptional footswitch (RC-3F) and wired remote control (RC-10)
!!! 3 Years Music Store Warranty !!!
!!! 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee !!!