The DR-70D is a compact audio recorder that allows the aspiring DSLR user to create audio recordings in very high quality in parallel to their film or video shots. The recorder can be mounted directly between a tripod and the camera or on top of the camera, resulting in a compact package.
With its two built-in microphones, the DR-70D is instantly ready for use in standard situations. In addition, it provides four XLR/TRS combo jacks which can be used to record four channels of audio with excellent sound quality using professional microphones. Thanks to a camera output the recorder’s stereo signal can be recorded also on the camera to ease subsequent editing of the material in combination with the slate tone function of the recorder. On the other hand you can use the camera input to monitor the audio of the camera using the recorder.
Features of the DR-70D include overload-resistant, great-sounding preamps with switchable low-cut filter and limiter, handling of microphone signals in mid/side format, 24- or 48-volts phantom power for condenser mics, as well as many common and not so common functions that facilitate capturing, monitoring and subsequent processing of the audio tracks.
- Compact, professional-grade audio recorder designed to be used in combination with a DSLR camera
- Uses an SD/SDHC/SDXC card as recording medium (up to 128 GB)
- High-quality recording inputs through Tascam original High Definition Discrete Architecture (HDDA) microphone preampsNE5532 operational amplifiers for even higher audio performance (also used on DA-3000)
- In addition to ordinary stereo recording, simultaneous recording of up to four channels is possible
- Four channels can be mixed down to a stereo signal
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for inputs 1–4
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Recording at 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, linear PCM (WAV format)Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) supported as WAV recording format
- Two built-in omnidirectional microphones
- Four XLR/TRS combo inputs can provide phantom power (+24V/+48V)+24 dBu maximum input level (20 dB headroom)
- Additional unbalanced input for channels 1 and 2 (stereo mini jack) supports mics that require plug-in power, allowing the input of video mics and other high-output mics
- Switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
- Switchable limiter to prevent clippingAudio can be output to a DSLR camera for recording
- Camera input enables convenient monitoring of audio from a DSLR camera
- Selectable mid-side decoding for use with MS microphone setups
- Slate tone functions (automatic/manual) to simplify synchronization of video files when editing
- A new file can be created during recording
- Selectable delay to eliminate time lags caused by differences in the distances of two input sources
- QUICK button allows easy access to various functions
- Slate tones can also be used for moving to specific locations
- Equalizers for playback, and level alignment function to enhance the perceived overall sound pressure
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- Resume function to memorize the playback position before the unit is turned offLine output and headphones output with individual level controls (3.5-mm jack)
- Dedicated remote control jack for use with RC-10 and RC-3F (sold separately)
- Hold switch to prevent accidental operation
- Low-noise buttons128 x 64 pixel LC display with backlight
- USB 2.0 portStand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod
- DSLR bracket for easy camera attachment and removal
- Hot shoe mount (accessible when not using the DSLR bracket)
- Handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder belt
- Operates on four AA batteries, an AC adapter (sold separately: TASCAM PS-P515U), external battery pack (sold separately: TASCAM BP-6AA) or USB bus power
!!! 3 Years Music Store Warranty !!!
!!! 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee !!!